Title: Breaking His Rules
Author: Aliza Mann
Publisher: Loveswept, Random House
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 2, 2019
An international playboy finds true love in a sexy new standalone contemporary romance from Aliza Mann.
Ashton Lyle is a man in control. His rules are simple:
And lucky for him no one is able to resist his mega-watt smile, dazzling wit, sexy British accent, and ability to manipulate any situation in business . . . and in bed.
That is, until he meets a woman with rules of her own.
Terra Ellis is a self-made woman who knows what she wants.
A successful entrepreneur, she has worked hard to cultivate an impeccable image.
A tumultuous relationship with her ex-husband has reinforced her drive but it has also made her question serious relationships.
After all, a busy woman has no time for romance.
That is, until Terra meets a man who sees through her façade.
Ashton and Terra are about to discover that some rules were made to be broken.
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2NYzCVI
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2J697iy
Amateurs rarely follow the rules. It’s the number-one reason they always get stuck. Call it a playbook, if you will—the very necessary guidelines to finding women who normally wouldn’t give you the time of day, yet discover themselves inexplicably drawn to you.
I keep mine fairly simple, and never, ever deviate. There are traps and pitfalls in diverting from the rules. I’m not some Yoda. Just extremely dedicated to maintaining a respectable bachelor status.
1. Never pick the prettiest women. They’re usually merely a pretty face, have no real power, and are high-maintenance or looking for more than what one has to give. No, the pretty girls will ruin your chances at playing the field. The less attractive friends always want attention and will be far more appreciative in the long run.
2. Don’t think of her as a one-night stand. Think of her as a new friend you can call at 3 a.m. asking to come round her place.
3. No discussing family history.
4. No deep conversations that linger into the wee hours. Keep things light. Airy. Like fresh laundry on a clothesline in the spring.
5. Never treat women poorly. Be distant instead. Not too distant, though. It’s a fine line after all.
6. Whatever you do, don’t hang out until the next morning. It gives the wrong impression. No need to contradict the aloof vibe you’ve perfected.
7. No actual dates on Friday or Saturday, as these are universally known as couples’ nights.
8. No consecutive days of seeing each other, either.
9. No sharing of clothing items.
10. No taking personal items to each other’s homes.
Those are the rules for the modern-day playboy. There are probably more than that, but these are enough to get you started. Being a player is a highly unpopular position to be in, by the way. What with all the tossers in the world acting aggressively toward women and Glide-ing until their fingers won’t swipe anymore. None of that was my game.
Ever since she was a small child, Aliza Mann loved to tell stories. It started in the backyard of her family’s home where she shared imaginative stories with her closest friends. Through the years, she read anything she could get her hands on. In high school she found her love for romance. From the moment she opened the cover of a historical romance page-turner, she was hooked. Aliza is a full time writer who lives in Michigan with two pseudo-adult children, a fabulous son-in-law, and the man of her dreams. A true book nerd, she is almost always reading and writing the world in a way that shows its true beauty, served with a heaping side of happily ever after. Aliza is also active in RWA and Greater Detroit Romance Writers of America organizations.
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/214147735923683
Wild Romance Authors Facebook Group: https://facebook.com/groups/168104413836621